In an ongoing effort to continually improve our services, AvMed has partnered with HeathTrio for a new online physician-to-physician referral portal. Because Primary Care Physician referrals are required for most routine specialty physician office visits, we wanted to make the process easier than ever.
Beginning January 1, 2019, this new system will concentrate on Small Group Focus and Individual and Family Engage Plan Members in South Florida. But all Medicare plans will continue to require referrals — to view more details on how to identify what members need a referral, please view the Physician to Physician Referral FAQs.
Here are five features you can expect from the new tool:
- A 100-percent web-based process: AvMed’s forward-thinking, technology-based practices are in line with the Affordable Care Act and environmental protection policies.
- Single sign-on: Your unique login credentials provide access to all areas of AvMed’s provider website, including the physician-to-physician referral portal.
- Physician search and save function: Search for in-network specialty physicians by name, specialty type or Provider ID. Referring physicians can save templates and return to incomplete referrals.
- Multireferral creation: PCPs may create referrals for one to three visits. All referrals are good for up to 90 days.
- Online referral status search: Specialists and PCPs can search for referrals created or received via the portal.
All Providers and staff can visit www.AvMed.org to obtain a detailed reference guide explaining how to use AvMed’s physician-to-physician referral system prior to the launch on January 1, 2019. For instructions on how to use our new P2P Referral portal, click on “Referral Program” on AvMed.org/Providers.