Thanks to AvMed’s partnership with HealthTrio, physician-to-physician referrals are easier than ever. Follow these simple steps to create an online referral:
- Log into the AvMed Provider Portal using your username and password.
- Click on “Quick Referrals” on the Welcome page
- Click “I Agree” after reading the disclaimer informing you that you are leaving the AvMed website and entering a third-party portal.
- On the New Referral tab, verify the Member.
- Select the requesting Provider. You will only have the option to select the Primary Care Physician (PCP) you are logged in as.
- Select the servicing Provider.
- Provide service details, including the type of service and number of visits.
- Write down any clinical comments (if applicable) and then click “Submit.”
The whole process takes only a few minutes. Referrals do not have to be approved by AvMed; we will not deny a referral created or approved by a participating AvMed PCP. All referrals are good for 90 days. Please note you cannot modify an existing referral once it’s submitted.
You can watch a video of the process and access additional training information here. Have questions? Contact AvMed’s Provider Services Center at 1-800-452-8633 (Option 5) or email Providers@AvMed.org.