Since 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies dictate that health plans are required to validate participating Provider information quarterly. As a result, you can expect AvMed to contact you each quarter to verify certain data:
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Whether you currently accept new patients
In addition to helping us comply with CMS policies, here are a few other reasons to check and verify your Provider Directory information regularly:
- New patients looking for a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or specialist will be able to find you more easily in the directory.
- Outdated addresses and phone numbers can create unnecessary barriers to care.
Some common reasons for directory inaccuracies include:
- Group practices providing data at the group level rather than at the Provider level
- Lack of internal audit and testing
You can help us with the validation process. Log into AvMed.org today and confirm your directory demographic information under “My Profile” on the left sidebar. Then, click “Edit” to update your information in the appropriate sections (e.g., “General Information”; “Hospitals”).
Have questions about updating your information? Contact AvMed’s Provider Services Center at 1-800-452-8633, option 3, and we’ll be happy to assist you.